Arlington Sportsman Club (ASC) Field Target Matches
ASC hosts monthly informal and sanctioned airgun Field Target (FT) matches for both novice and experienced shooters. We are a member club with American Airgun Field Target Association (AAFTA). We are one of 4 active AAFTA clubs in the State of Texas.
While we embrace AAFTA rules, newcomers are always welcome to join us for their first few Field Target experiences by participating in a “Freestyle/Fun Rifle” class with relaxed rules. Our aim is to have you enjoy shooting airguns with other like-minded shooters in a competitive environment, but the most important goal is to have fun.
ASC Field Target Match Schedule
Dates: Fourth Saturday, every month except November and December when the match will be the third Saturday of the month (due to Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
9:00am - Hotter Months (June, July, August, September)
10:00am - Cooler Months (January, February, March, April, May, October, November, December)
Please arrive at least 1 hour before the match starts to register, sign waivers, practice, etc.
Mandatory Shooter's Safety Meeting begins 15 minutes before match start
If the weather forecast predicts rain during our event, a decision will be made Friday evening before the match to cancel.
- Eye protection must be worn at all times
- Air rifles must use lead pellets with no more than 20 foot pounds of energy (most likely your pellet rifle has much less than 20fpe)
- For safety reasons, ALL RIFLES MUST BE IN CASES AND NOT REMOVED UNTIL IT IS YOUR TURN TO SHOOT (Rifle Caddies are also allowed). If you do not follow this rule, you will not be allowed to participate. Any soft (or hard) rifle case will do and you don’t have to zip it shut if your rifle does not fit well. We do not want people walking the course with a rifle in their hands.
- Hunter, Open, & WFTF Classes are recognized. All AAFTA Rules apply (please read rules on www.aafta.org).
- We will also have a Fun Rifle Class and will not follow AAFTA rules for this class only. This is the beginner class. Use of “Bucket & Sticks” is allowed.
- This is an adult rifle match. Older youths are welcome but they must be capable of handling a rifle safely and shoot unassisted. We strongly suggest a parent or an adult supervise during the course of the match.
- One Point scored for targets knocked down only.
- For Fun Rifle Class Only: Target face plate hits will count for 1 point. Targets knocked down will score 2 points.
- We will have all AAFTA classes available if there are 2 or more participants for that class. In addition to normal AAFTA classes we will have:
- You will be with a squad of 2-4 people depending on the amount of people entered.
- We typically have 10 lanes with 3 targets per lane for a total of 30 targets. Each person will take 2 shots per target for a total of 60 shots for the match. We sometimes change up the course and have more lanes with fewer targets per lane, resulting in more or less total shots.
ASC Members: $5
Cash only, please. No checks. Bring correct change!
11500 County Rd 525, Mansfield, TX 76063
Google Map Location
See the Join ASC Page for information on becoming a member of the ASC.
More information about airguns:
- American Airgun Field Target Association (AFTA): You can learn more about AAFTA, the history of Field Target in America, and the latest schedule of matches around the country at: American Airgun Field Target Association (AAFTA)
- Calculate the power level of your airgun: Airgun Energy Calculator (courtesy-Pyramyd Air) Note: Do NOT rely on airgun manufacturer claims of velocities. You will need actual chronograph velocity readings from your airgun, or realistic values provided from posts on the Field Target Forums.
- Read, ask questions and discuss Field Target at these popular FT Forums:
For details on our Field Target matches please contact Jeff Cloud email@example.com or 817-360-0611